There comes a time in everyone’s life where their weight is an issue. Everyone’s weight fluctuates, but this is not always a bad thing. There are clothes that can make you look slimmer no matter what your size. Use designers like Gelco to buy clothes that flatter the body, regardless of its size or shape.
If you have some extra weight, there is no need to completely cover up your body. The best tip that any fashion expert will give is it accentuate your best assets and hide your flaws. Find colours and items that flatter your figure and stick with it.
For a slimmer, more sexy and sleek look, follow these simple fashion tips:
- Find a good fit – Clothes that are too tight or too baggy will highlight your extra weight instead of hiding it.
- Dark solid colours like black, navy blue and gray helps cover problem areas.
- Dress in one colour from top to bottom, and avoid fussy patterns.
- Avoid horizontal stripes as they give you a wider appearance.
- Choose bold and interesting accessories to draw attention away from your trouble areas.
- Avoid bulky sweaters and pants.
- Always try on clothes in the fitting room when purchasing. Different designers have different size charts, so you have to make sure the piece fits and flatters your body.
- Avoid pleats. Instead, opt for flat front pants and skirts as they are known to create a slimmer appearance.
- Low-rise pants that start below the navel helps elongate your torso, creating a leaner look.
- Choose skirts that end just above the knee if you want to elongate your legs.
- Stay away from frills and ruffles as they only add to the bulk.
- If you have a large bust, invest in a good support bra.
- Avoid shiny fabrics like satin.
- High heels are sexy and add height and shape to your legs.
- Dark pantyhose will make legs look slimmer.
- Stay away from leggings with patterns on them.
- If possible, wear undergarment foundations like control top pantyhose and body shapers.
- If you want to wear a sleeveless dress but are conscious about your arms, wear an elegant shawl.
- Go for open collar shirts, v-neck shirts, and scoop necklines that help elongate the torso.
- Avoid small handbags and opt for medium sized bags that are in proportion to your body.
- Match your belt and shoes to your skirt or pants to make your legs appear longer.
- Do not tuck your shirt in, and choose shirts that fall just below the waist.
- Wear bright colours on your best areas only.
- Avoid too-tight pants that cling to your legs, hips or thighs.
- For longer looking legs, match your socks and shoes to your pants.
- Wear a thick waistband to help flatten the tummy.
This article was written by Gray and Osbourn and offers tips on how to dress slimmer with the help of Gelco.