South Africa’s sub-tropical playground, Durban is a favorite holiday destination for locals and foreigners alike. Blessed with a year round warm climate and enough outdoor pursuits to keep you constantly active, being independently mobile with Durban car hire is the best way to explore this bustling city and its surrounds.
Durban’s warm waters, cosmopolitan city, business capacity, proximity to golden beaches, Drakensberg mountain range and typical warm climate make it one the most sought after destinations in South Africa. Featuring interesting architecture, Indian markets, botanical gardens and a laid back atmosphere, peppered with sophistication, the capital of KwaZulu Natal caters to all tastes, fusing Eastern and Western cultures with African culture.
Plenty of accommodation in and around the city makes excursions easy and mean you can stay overnight at just about any destination.
Some of the prominent attractions accessible by hire car include:
- The Beaches: Durban has sun-kissed endless beaches running north and south. Warm waters, surf and idyllic settings make them a treasured part of Durban life. Recommended beaches include Ramsgate Beach, Marina Beach, South Beach, Margate Main Beach and Willard Beach.
- Ushaka Marine World: With over 30 displays this impressive aquarium exhibits South Africa’s marine life.
- Valley of 1,000 Hills: Travel inland from Durban to explore the hills that house rural and traditional families.
- Zululand: Zululand presents an insight into the predominant culture of KwaZulu Natal. Situated inland from the North Coast, visitors are treated to traditional hospitality and a glimpse into the rich Zulu history.
- Hluhluwe Game Reserve: Africa’s oldest game park, home to the Big 5, close to 100 species of animal and well over 300 bird species, this wildlife reserve is an excellent park and prime birding destination.
- Drakensberg World Heritage Site: Magnificent scenery and culturally rich with Bushmen Rock Art from 400 B.C. to late 19th century, the Drakensberg World Heritage Site lies about 3 hours drive inland from Durban.
Durban car hire allows you accessibility and flexibility for inner city travel, cultural discovery and exploration of Durban’s history and surrounding areas.
This article was written for Drive South Africa, explaining about their Durban Car Hire Options