You’ve booked the holiday of your dreams. It has taken you years to do this and you want things to run smoothly. The traveler’s insurance is taken care of, the accommodation is booked, and you know where you’re going to spend the majority of your time – the beach, of course.
Your plans look complete except for one important thing – car hire. This is not something that you should leave until the minute when you land at the airport at 12am; this is something you should arrange well before your plane, train or bus departs for your holiday destination.
There are a few steps you can follow that will ensure you not only arrive in style but also drive around in style during your time away from work, stress and deadlines.
- A little homework goes a long way. It can save you a lot of money to do some research. Is your automobile insurance up to date? And would it be sufficient in a country with a higher cost of living?
- Take time to study the rental agreement you have with the car hire company. This will make it easier to know what you are covered for and what the other terms and requirements are. These should include the allowed mileage and whether you should refill the tank at the end of the rental period.
- Check the car before driving off into the sunset. The rental car should not give you any hassles. Are there scratches, dents, or other problems with the car’s appearance? Inspect the car with the rental agent or take photos of whatever damage there is before you go have that cocktail by the beach.
- The lowest price may not be what you’re looking for. Lower prices are great – when they don’t cost you more money in the long-term. It may sometimes be better to go with more well-known companies that do not need to cut corners to turn a profit. Because you as the customer will end up paying for the corner cutting. Speak to the company as soon as there are issues.
- Pore over the fine print. You want to know what the return requirements are and you also want to know about any extra charges. Do not leave their premises without having a long, hard look at these important details.
Flightsite wants everyone to have the most enjoyable, stress-free holiday and that’s why they demystified car hire by writing this article.